Preparation before applying an ephemeral tattoo
Before applying your ephemeral tattoo, it's essential to properly prepare the skin to ensure a successful, long-lasting application. Here are a few tips:
- Choose the right location: Select an area of your body where the skin is flat and smooth. Avoid areas with lots of hair, wrinkles or near joints.
- Shave the area if necessary: Hair can prevent the tattoo from adhering well to the skin. Shaving the chosen area will provide a smooth surface for the tattoo.
- Clean the skin: Use a soft cloth and antibacterial soap to thoroughly clean and degrease the area where you're going to apply the tattoo. Then dry the area well with a clean towel.
Exfoliate lightly: Exfoliation will remove dead skin cells, enabling better tattoo transfer. Use a gentle scrub or exfoliating glove and rinse the area well.
Detailed steps for applying an ephemeral tattoo
Follow these simple steps to apply your ephemeral tattoo:
- Remove the protective film: Most ephemeral tattoos are protected by a transparent plastic film. Remove it carefully before applying the tattoo to the skin.
- Position the tattoo on the skin: Carefully place the ephemeral tattoo face down on the skin, making sure that the placement is correct and that the design is straight. For more complex designs, it may be helpful to ask a friend for help, or to use a mirror.
- Wet the backing paper: Soak a sponge in lukewarm water and squeeze out excess water. Apply the sponge to the back of the tattoo to moisten the paper completely. Maintain constant pressure for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove backing paper: Check that the tattoo has adhered correctly to the skin by slightly lifting one corner of the paper. If the tattoo has transferred well, gently remove the paper by sliding it off. If not, apply a little more water and wait a few seconds longer.
- Allow to dry: Let the tattoo air-dry for a few minutes without touching it. Once dry, you may wish to apply a thin layer of translucent powder around the tattoo to further set the colors and prevent shine.
Tips for lasting, aesthetic results
Here are a few more suggestions to help you keep your ephemeral tattoo looking good for as long as possible:
- Avoid putting too much strain on the tattoo area: Rubbing, folding or stretching can cause the ephemeral tattoo to come off prematurely or to fade. Try to limit these movements as much as possible.
- Protect it from water: Although an ephemeral tattoo can withstand a certain amount of water, it's best to avoid prolonged immersion in water, such as when swimming. When showering, try to keep the tattooed area out of the reach of direct water.
- Moisturize the skin: Apply moisturizing cream regularly to the tattooed area to keep the skin supple and healthy, but avoid applying it directly to the tattoo.
- Avoid sun exposure: UV rays can degrade the colors of your ephemeral tattoo. Wear sunscreen or protect the tattooed area from the sun as much as possible.
By following these tips, you'll be able to enjoy your ephemeral tattoo for several days or even weeks, depending on the location of the tattoo and your daily activities. Visit our online store to choose from a wide selection of ephemeral tattoo designs and styles to express your unique personality through body art.